If you are serious about growing your real estate business by generating leads for buyers and sellers, you should make sure you have a plan and checklist to follow to be sure you are covering all the bases! Broker02 has developed a list of 30 easy marketing tasks that you can complete in one month. These tasks are simple, yet highly effective actions that you can take immediately to build your brand, become a leader in your community, and ultimately get more referrals and clients!
These tasks are fairly simple ideas that don’t need much explanation. Learn how taking a few steps on social media platforms, invigorating your use of other forms of media, and working hard at making real connections within your community can make a BIG difference in your brand recognition, client base, and overall business growth!
1. Create and manage a Facebook Business Page and manage it well! Upload videos and share all of your content from other sites to Facebook! Get our free Facebook business page checklist to be sure you are not missing anything.
2. Build your presence on Linkedin!
3. Twitter, Tweet, and Retweet share your inventory and your market thoughts.
4. Upload your listings to YouTube; clients love video tours!
5. Run a Facebook Group for your community; this would be a page to share community events and positive happenings around town. This is a RELATIONSHIP building page, not a place to sell homes, but occasionally you can drop in some real estate content.
6. Utilize Instagram by posting your listings and neighborhood happenings.
7. Make a nice Pinterest Page. YES, I said Pinterest! The more social media platforms you use, the higher your reach!
8. Connect with other like-minded businesses on social media, and remember that “sharing is caring!” When you interact with other companies, they are more likely to interact with you.
9. Be consistent on all social media platforms; there is a lot of software available to help with scheduled posts, auto-reply emails, and more. Learn about them!
10. Invest in social media advertising, its low cost and hyper-targeted. You can learn more about social media marketing via BrokerO2.
Most people have a love/hate relationship with social media. It is an excellent tool to use if you want to get your name out there, but you can over-do it so tread carefully.
You may be surprised to learn that the good old fashioned newspaper is still widely popular. Even in today’s high-tech digital world, a Scarborough-Nielsen Study confirms that a whopping 69% of the U.S. population currently reads the newspaper. Plus, it remains true that the majority of those readers are more educated and affluent than non-readers.
Of course the nemesis of print media is the World Wide Web, however here you can find a near endless pot of potential clients. By appropriately and conscientiously promoting your business in print, digitally, and hyper-focused through local radio, you can be sure to capture all potential clients. Here are some ways to reach clients, wherever they are.
1. Add excellent quality content to your website consistently.
2. Include high-quality photos with all of your content.
3. Ask to be a contributing writer to your local paper. They may not always publish your article, but if you submit regularly enough, they will likely toss you in occasionally.
4. Write for a community blog. Most sites are always looking for quality content.
5. Create a new community Blog if there isn’t one!
6. Use Google My Business to draw traffic to your site.
7. Answer questions on internet forums.
8. Be a guest on your local radio program.
9. Have a solid email marketing plan and use it.
10. Hire a professional to complete an SEO audit to drive more organic visitors to your site.
One of the best ways to reach potential clients is through community engagement. This is typically the most fun way, too! Businesses have a responsibility to be involved in their community; you should support the people who support you! There are countless ways to engage in community events. Participate in existing events or host your own!
1. Host a “Shredding Party” and invite the community to your office to shred papers free of charge.
2. Create homebuyers guide for your area.
3. Host a community event like an Easter Egg Hunt or Holiday party.
4. Rent a booth at local events like festivals and fairs.
5. Decorate a float for area parades, have agents walk and hand out items with your brand on them.
6. Sponsor youth sports leagues and teams, and attend the games!
7. Volunteer at your local food bank or soup kitchen.
8. Volunteer on community boards and for local organizations.
9. Donate to a charitable cause close to your heart, and share why.
10. Be a positive, friendly face throughout your community.
Once you become a recognizable, friendly face throughout your community, your business will surely grow. If people see you and your agents out and about in the community, they are more likely to trust you and ultimately hire you. Your support of the community drives clients to your door!
The team at Broker02 recommends that you work on one of these strategies each day. Once you complete each of them, you will learn which ones work best for you, and how you can improve in other areas. Remember, this isn’t a “once and done” list; you’ll need to continually work through each of these things to build the business you want.